- This is a homework assignment assigned: Friday, April 24, 2015.
- The movie "The Great Debaters" was shown in class. You may watch parts you missed before or after school in Mr. Dawursk's room or rent it at your own expense.
- It is also available on the web at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro0GBmxGdeQ.
- Final copy due by: Thursday, May 7, 2015.
- In the opening paragraph state the title, and BRIEFLY summarize the plot of the movie. Describe how you truly feel about the film. What is your honest reaction to the film? Did you like/dislike it? Was it confusing? Exciting? Suspenseful? Boring?
- In the next three paragraphs analyze the literary, dramatic, and cinematic aspects of the film. Please use examples from the movie to support your analysis.
- In the conclusion, rate the film (e.g. two thumbs up! / A+ / Five Stars) and state whether or not you would recommend the film to a friend.
Include the following elements in your movie review:
Literary – The literary aspects pertains to the story, dialogue and characters. Was there a good story? Are there believable characters (characterization)? Good dialogue? Did the main character change throughout the film (dynamic round)? What was the main conflict and how was it resolved? Did the story interest you? Who was the protagonist and the antagonist? Is this a good piece of literature? Why or why not? Use specific examples from the movie to support your analysis.
Dramatic – The dramatic aspects pertains to the acting, sets, locations and costumes. Were the actors good? Was the setting or location interesting? Did the actors wear costumes? Was there a famous movie star in the film? Use specific examples from the movie to support your analysis.
Cinematic – The cinematic aspects pertain to the camera angles, composition, lighting, music and sound effects. Were there interesting camera angles, or cool video and sound effects? Did the music match the film? Use specific examples from the movie to support your analysis.